RUTGERS baby!!!!







It's been a crazy four years, but today marks the official end of my undergraduate career. How can I sum my time at Rutgers in a blog post? Totally impossible. But I can say this... there is not a thing I would change. I have quite literally grown up with Rutgers. The things I have learned, the people I have met, the mistakes i have made, and my achievements all shape the woman I am today. I remember my first day at Rutgers... the nervousness, the excitement, and mostly the happiness. Funny thing is I graduate with those same feelings. I am nervous and excited for this new stage of my life, but I am also thrilled. I can not even begin to explain how I felt today. I came home and waiting for me was my first medical school book that arrived in the mail. I was considering going out tonight, but instead I began looking through the book. My dreams are becoming a reality. My future feels bright, optimistic, and rewarding! I am flying high, and the sky is the limit! But before I embark on this journey, I want to take some time and reflect back on the one i just finished:

Four years: A recap

I have learned so much from my Alma mater. Rutgers truly offers a superb education. I have studied from some of the best professors in the nation, and the knowledge they endowed me with... I am forever grateful Just some honorable mentions include:

1. Professor Jonakait 'developmental biology': By far one of the best (and toughest) classes i have ever taken at Rutgers. This woman taught the class with such clarity, organization, and skill it was remarkable! She provided experimental data and evidence, she utilized various teaching tools including pictures, videos, scholarly articles, the media... anything and everything at her disposable to get the information across. She never babied us and presented the material at a graduate level. The class was hard as hell, but i never learned so much in my life. I walked away with a wealth of information, new study habits, and much respect for this woman! I only got a B+ in the course but the grade was irrelevant. Best professor ever!

2. Professor Jon Cowans 'History of the middle east, west, and Islam': Once again a really tough class but well worth the trouble. We read over four hundred pages of scholarly articles, I mean really tough readings, and he ran his class like boot camp, but I learned a lot from this man. He provided me with so much insight into current day affairs involving Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, and many other middle eastern and Muslim countries. I saved all my course material and notes, and I plan on reviewing it again.

3. Professor Morrison 'Science and Religion': This was as an honors college seminar course and the first of two courses I took with professor Morrison. Morrison urged us to break away from our classic notions of science and religion and explore other the relationship between the two. We studied the past, and explored the future implications of these two very seemingly different disciplines. I really enjoyed the course, the discussions, course work, and reading material.

Apart from school work, the friends i made and memories that came along with that are endless and priceless. I cannot imagine my time at Rutgers without JOSH. Countless memories are directly linked with my dance team. The people I met, Parul, Roshani, Pregith, Rupesh, Swamini, Mita, Meetal.... and those are just a few have really come to shape and touch my life. Each has offered me something unique and I have learned from each something very valuable. We danced together, we partied with each other, fought with each other, cried with each other, and in the end we pulled together as a team. JOSH taught me so much...it taught me about leadership, responsibility, priorities, friendship... I will always remember my time with JOSH.

Outside of JOSH i met many a fabulous people. My roommate priyanka is quite a woman herself. The girl is smart, driven, pretty, and sweet. We lived together and had a many good times! we had some rough patches, but in the end i am grateful to have met someone that awesome. Fiorella and karen are also two people I have come to link undoubtedly with Rutgers. From Chinese food, to frats, to late night study sessions, we have had some great times! Bansri, Veer, Viral, the admissions office buddies, Alex, maria, and the old school HS buddies have all pulled together to make my undergraduate years totally and utterly unforgettable!!! I always tell people on my campus tours that there is so much to learn outside the confines of the classroom. I have learned from friends, grown with my friends, and I have come to love them all in a very special way!

Rutgers has been my home for the past years...and even though I leave it today, I will never forget it. I embark on a new exciting journey, but i do this only because of the skills i have learned at Rutgers. I could go on and on forever and I don't even think I said half of what i wanted to say. But i know this... I am a scarlet ambassador, I am a JOSH dancer, and I am forever a RUTGERS ALUMNI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Congrats on your graduation from the Rutgers University Alumni Association. We love what you said about your Rutgers experiences, so we're sharing your sentiments with the alumni body at http://www.Ralumni.com/blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your graduation, from the Rutgers University Alumni Association. We love what you said about your Rutgers experiences, so we're sharing your sentiments with the alumni body at http://www.Ralumni.com/blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy shit. i should transfer back to rutgers

    ReplyDelete
  4. how did you pass Jonakait?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The "Illegal"

Direction